Loving yourself may seem quite alien but it is a massively important step in your self discovery journey.
When I first got told I should love myself more, I thought it was impossible. At that point I literally hated myself. I spent stupid amounts of money on new clothes, accessories and trying to change how I looked because I thought it would make me feel better about myself. The truth is, it actually made me feel worse!
Because I was trying to be somebody I’m not. No amount of changing the outside would make me feel better on the inside. That’s where the real work was needed.
The more you love yourself, the better you’ll take care of yourself. This will have a massive impact on your self esteem and confidence.
Try these tips and discover self love
• Find your tribe – surround yourself with positive people who build you up and support you. Let go of the negative vampires that suck the life out of you and drag you down.
• Find time for you – this could be something as simple as reading a book or having a nice relaxing bath, or it could be something like a girly catch up with friends. Either way, time for you is massively important, especially to prevent mum burnout.
• Practice gratitude – gratitude is an amazing way to realise just how awesome your life really is! Be grateful for your body, mind and uniqueness. Be grateful for everything in your life. Your life is better than you think. You are better than you think. Be grateful and you’ll start to believe that you deserve more from yourself.
• Forgive yourself – okay so you’ve made a few mistakes. Who hasn’t? It’s time to stop beating yourself up, give yourself a break and move forward. You would do the same for someone you care about, so do the same for yourself.
• Be as kind to yourself as you would be to anyone else – to be kinder to others than you are to yourself is just showing everyone, including yourself, that you do not respect yourself. Would you talk to your best friend the same way you talk to yourself?
Without self love, your success and happiness face a huge obstacle
Self love is a skill that can be developed. It’s also the result of an effective set of habits. Set aside some time each day to build your self esteem and self love.
Your life will be better for it.
When you love yourself, you make yourself a priority. You deserve nothing lessUnknown